Friday, June 4, 2010

Washington DC and hookah bars...


...was craving hookah and its like the universe sent 'em my way all around- visited my friend in DC (and opened the season in her pool!yey...wore my new 'Deli Dolu' Mavi Jeans sighseeing around the city--sooo comfy) and we went on an escapade to 'discover' the DC nightlife (i wanted to see if there WAS any..Id been here twice before but never stayed the night)- turns out there's this 'culturally diverse' neighborhood called Adam's Morgan where we passed on a Turkish restaurant named Meze to salsa dance and finally ended up at a North African hookah bar where we belly danced (I wasnt even that drunk- goes to show you i really enjoy dancing for the art-form and dopamine-giving form of exercise that it is)...we even got a few claps....mostly from these two Czech guys who were pretty cool and hung out with us the whole night as our bodyguards :)


light pink top with sequins on the shoulders- H&M (cant wait til it hits Istanbul)



















back in NY- ended up visiting the hookah bar Habibi on the Lower East Side- Hotus was dead that night...but the taste of the 'mixed fruit' Nargile in DC is still on my tounge.... +throwing in a picture with the hunk at Abercrombie&Fitch on Fifth Avenue for good measure =p

2 comments:

My Current Faves pt.2...

  • Katy Perry and Rihanna- quality pop, always fresh material, love it
  • ***Twitter- my mom just called me a 'walking talking breathing Twitter' today since she believes I share everything I do/did/think,etc. with everyone who cares to listen without much hesitation or editing- I believe its 'relaxing honesty', she claims its naivete...I just have new-found respect for what Twitter aims to do for people,lol (yes, LOL- used to be on AIM, it stuck with me)
  • ***Prince of Persia-just when I bought it as a game for my new PS2 (its old technology, i know, but it was cheaper than PS3-who has time for video games much anyway- just wanted to use it as a DVD player), it becomes a Hollywood blockbuster
  • ***How I Met Your Mother- surprisingly popular in Turkey too, guess they get the dirty American humor
  • ***surprisingly feelin'...Adam Lambert songs! AND supporting Lee all the way on American Idol- hey, my mom loves him and says she'd totally support a potential marriage between us if i manage to land him-and hes a musician! how rare is that for a Turkish mother- so i take it as a good sign