Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back in Istanbul...

...Doing research on minorities in Turkey for the Fall issue of a political magazine (any suggestions?)..but i cant take out the fashion bug inside of me! A friend who works in Vogue Turkiye says I should apply to work there as well (being miss freelancer that I am)...sigh....Ever feel like all this technology, globalization, and countless 'options' we all now have in today's modern-age world actually confuses you further?!? Sometimes I just want like a sign to drop from the sky saying 'this is what you should be doing, this is your mission in life- forget day-dreaming about that other stuff'....Anyhow...Feelin' this new Vakkorama V2K blouse- the color goes nicely with a tan....and white jeans (not shown here 'cuz the ones I got from Mango fit me weird and they wont take it back- any brand suggestions?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No wonder Orhan Pamuk often refers to the 'melancholy' of this city- look what being back here has inspired me to write...now I'm no regular smoker- I'm one of those 'once in a while...I could finish a pack only during an entire month, and that's with sharing some of the cigarettes' kind of girl....but hey....this is a thought that came to my head here and I wanted to share...

...insanlar bence sigarayi en cok yanlizliktan icerler...mesela, yanlizsiniz- ya sevdiginiz insanlardan uzaktasiniz, ya da herkezin bir plani var o anda, ya da...herneyse iste

yanlizsiniz...

ve evde oturmaktan sykyldynyz: eglence icin bin turlu alet, malzeme, CD, dergi, vs. var
ama siz "disari cikmak" istiyorsunuz...alisveris'e cikabilirsiniz tabi ki ama son zamanlarda o kadar fuzuli sey aldiniz ki cebinizdeki parayi bir sure daha syky kullanmaniz gerektigini anliyorsunuz...

agacli veya deniz manzarali bir yere gidiyorsunuz...once birini bekler gibi yapiyorsunuz, basliyorsunuz telefonunuzla oynamaya (insan neden yanlizliktan utanir ve bin turlu sahte sekile girer, bu da baska bir konu)...bir sure sonra herkezin gozu sizdeymis gibi hissediyorsunuz kendinizi ve....iste...o an geliyor...

bu sefer cantanizla veya ceplerinizle oynamaya basliyorsunuz..."disarida" kalmak icin bir bahane'ye ihtiyaciniz olustugunu hissediyorsunuz ve cikarip yakiyorsunuz bir sigara...

O yaniyor...sizin iciniz de yaniyor...sykyntynyzy duman ile birlikte disariya ufluyorsunuz sanki...dusen kuller de sanki o an icin gecmisinizdeki tum huzunler icin dokulen gozyaslari...

sigara bitiyor...(ne ise yaradiysa...) eve donme vaktiniz geldi....

...herkez gibi sezon finalini benimde cok bekledigim Ask-I-Memnu dizisinde dedikleri gibi:
oyun bitti

..as much as Im cheating (being that rare Galatasarayli living in Kadikoy)-thank God
lovely Fenerbahce Havuzu is here to make me feel the fact that its summer and time
 to chill (like in the good-old days of being a student)...


USA vs. Russia game at the International Basketball competition

watching the Turkey vs. USA final, secretly (as u can tell by my semi-hidden NY Yankees shirt) cheerin' on the US!lol

Fashion's Night Out, Istanbul



Sedef Island...

2 comments:

  1. Nerelerdesin Selin?:) Gozumuz yollarda kaldi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh aah sorma Pelincigim, maalesef bu sicaklarda Istanbuldan ayrilamiyorum ama en yakin zamanda Bodrum veya Ayvaliktan Yunan adalari planliyorum- Paris'te plaj acilmis, gozunuz aydin :)

    ReplyDelete

My Current Faves pt.2...

  • Katy Perry and Rihanna- quality pop, always fresh material, love it
  • ***Twitter- my mom just called me a 'walking talking breathing Twitter' today since she believes I share everything I do/did/think,etc. with everyone who cares to listen without much hesitation or editing- I believe its 'relaxing honesty', she claims its naivete...I just have new-found respect for what Twitter aims to do for people,lol (yes, LOL- used to be on AIM, it stuck with me)
  • ***Prince of Persia-just when I bought it as a game for my new PS2 (its old technology, i know, but it was cheaper than PS3-who has time for video games much anyway- just wanted to use it as a DVD player), it becomes a Hollywood blockbuster
  • ***How I Met Your Mother- surprisingly popular in Turkey too, guess they get the dirty American humor
  • ***surprisingly feelin'...Adam Lambert songs! AND supporting Lee all the way on American Idol- hey, my mom loves him and says she'd totally support a potential marriage between us if i manage to land him-and hes a musician! how rare is that for a Turkish mother- so i take it as a good sign