Friday, September 3, 2010

new styles for Fall...

...as I'm currenty obsessively stocking up the Fall issue of almost every fashion/women's mag out there, this year I find myself actually spending more and stocking up even before the season begins- it's become official: i've become obsessed with fashion...maybe its the aesthetic of it all, a realm in our lives in which to escape our daily stress (for me its been my mom visiting me and telling me-in person-as if on the phone and over e-mail before wasnt enough- how im ruining my life and need to cut out people she doesnt like blah blah-Gotta love them, and im sure they mean well and maybe we really WILL 'understand when we become moms' but, we all have one life to live...i'm a strong believer in it being OURS with OUR choices...)...anyhow...without further ado here's one sample of what I've bought recently- these Mango boots are awesome- it took me a week to get them since I showed them a '20% off' coupon they advertised on the latest issue of Elle and they said it wouldnt start until September 1st...but I now have them and cant wait to mix and match them with Fall dresses (with the bendable ankle part down) and tucking my skinny jeans/tights into them (with the bendable part up-as show on the model in the picture)...
I'm also taking this time and space to introduce my recent haircut- I love change...and when it comes to hair it's usually been in the form of color or highlights, but recently Im into changing length and layering....

Wishing everyone a warm season...as the summer comes to an end (oh my how it flew by), let's allow this Fall to be a time for beginnings...and a time for 'endings' only to the 'bad' stuff in our lives.
<3
Sel
T.A.P

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Current Faves pt.2...

  • Katy Perry and Rihanna- quality pop, always fresh material, love it
  • ***Twitter- my mom just called me a 'walking talking breathing Twitter' today since she believes I share everything I do/did/think,etc. with everyone who cares to listen without much hesitation or editing- I believe its 'relaxing honesty', she claims its naivete...I just have new-found respect for what Twitter aims to do for people,lol (yes, LOL- used to be on AIM, it stuck with me)
  • ***Prince of Persia-just when I bought it as a game for my new PS2 (its old technology, i know, but it was cheaper than PS3-who has time for video games much anyway- just wanted to use it as a DVD player), it becomes a Hollywood blockbuster
  • ***How I Met Your Mother- surprisingly popular in Turkey too, guess they get the dirty American humor
  • ***surprisingly feelin'...Adam Lambert songs! AND supporting Lee all the way on American Idol- hey, my mom loves him and says she'd totally support a potential marriage between us if i manage to land him-and hes a musician! how rare is that for a Turkish mother- so i take it as a good sign